Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy HUMP day

Ah finally done with the chaos of this week! Yay no more midterms or quizzes til next week. It's crazy, I'm only in my 4th week and there are only 7 weeks left. Juggling work and school has been OK so far. The classes don't seem all THAT demanding, but I do wish I had more time to work (make more money). I feel soooo broke. Please pray that I win the lotto soon..thanks =)

Man, it's 730pm and I'm still at work. =( Now I know how you feel when you get off this late. I had to go to school earlier this morning to observe at the speech clinic for one of my classes. What a long day...I drove to school, observed for two hours, had class right after, then drove back here for work. The observation was pretty interesting though. I observed a 62 year old man who had suffered a stroke about 2 years ago and a 2 year old boy diagnosed with Austim. It was pretty interesting to watch how the SLP was interacting with her clients. She was doing organizational and memory exercises with the older man and with the little boy she was trying to get him to pronounce speech sounds like "M". The little boy was SO cute.

The meeting I went to last week was about working in the LA Unified School District. The perks SEEM pretty good, but I'm not sure if that's where I want to work. Usually a hospital setting depresses people, but for me I think a school setting depresses me more. hahah maybe it's because I tutored those kids after I graduated. I swear those kids scarred me for life. Right now I'm leaning more towards working in the hospital setting and I want to focus more on the function of the throat and how it's affected by developmental or acquired disorders. I'm also kind of interested in audiology as well, but I guess we'll see as I take my classes. Still got about a year to figure it all out!

So how's your day going/ how has your week been? Any plans for the weekend? More photoshoots and blogging? =) I'm sad to hear that Connie is moving back down to socal, I know you were really excited that she had moved up there. Also sorry to hear that her and Mark broke up, I hope she's okay, but I guess from what you've written, it was for the better. =/
I'm taking the day off on Friday and going down to Irvine...wedding dress shopping with Michelle. Did I tell you she got engaged?? If not, she's engaged! hahah it happened about 2 months ago. Around Christmas time...I'm pretty excited to go with her. Even though I've been a bridesmaid 3 times I've never gone wedding dress shopping with the soon to be bride. Then hang out with Phil and study for the rest of the weekend, maybe play some tennis. We've both been watching the Australian Open, it got us PUMPED. hhah jk but it does make me wanna play.

Anyways, time to head to Trader Joe's and home. Oh, if you ever go to Trader Joe's, there's this Italian red wine that's really good. It's sweet in the beginning and the after taste is like a full bodied Cabernet Sauvignon. I think its called epicure? I'll check later and let you know! =)

<3 K

1 comment:

  1. You should be in the guiness book of world records for most times being a bridesmaid. Jk, just jelly cuz I haven't got to one wedding since my uncles, which was like 15 years ago.

    ReplyDelete