Sunday, January 23, 2011

MLK day and BOOTS

Hey Katherine! Happy MLK day! I am stuck in San Jose, and now waiting for Chris to finish work at That's a Grind coffee shop. The internet sucks here! I've been trying to find boots for you, but the stupid internet cuts me off. Anyhow, I haven't done much over this weekend, but I think that's a good thing sometimes. The weather was awesome in San Jose, nothing but sunshine and warm afternoons, which is nice change for the usual overcast of San Francisco. I was going to go to SF and start taking photos for a new SnazzyFRESH Valentine's day-themed post- Chris has these heart-shaped sunglasses and I was going to get random snazzy-dressed people on the street to pose in them, and to record them saying what they want for Valentine's day. I guess I will do that some other day.


By the way, those rainboots are so cute! I had my eye on a pair like that awhile back. If you want to find better deals or different options, you should look into rubber riding boots. They are what people wear to do horse-back riding when, I'm guessing, they don't want to ruin expensive leather riding boots.


These ones are from an online store called Adam's Horse Supply and they are only $35! They almost look like regular tall leather boots, and they've got an elastic band for easy on and off. Hmm.....I just might get myself a pair of these.




Here are a couple other boots that I thought were pretty cute and reasonably priced for genuine leather boots. 



I'm not sure these are considered combat boots, but they look pretty cool and comfy! They're from Nine West, made of real leather, plus come out to be about $45 with an additional 50% OFF that they give at the checkout.







These "Kelsi Dagger Bronte" boots are from DSW, and are bit on the pricier side at around $100, but are marked down from original $170. Also leather.  

These "Zigi Soho Mixer Boot" is a taller boot that are also from DSW, and are pretty reasonably priced at $70 for being made of leather and a rating of 4 out 5 stars by online reviewers.
Anyway, I think it's really cool that you are trying to get involved with the student body, meeting people, and going to these social events. Maybe you can meet people that you can have study groups with or just grab a beer with after class! Nerdy is cool! I am proud that you are following through with your plans of becoming a speech pathologist, taking out a loan on your own, and making your dreams come true. How's your second? third? week of school been like, especially with balancing work? Meet any cool people? What are the career paths in speech pathology?

I just did two photoshoots within the last couple days here in San Francisco- one a this coffee shop that serves alcohol and another at the California Academy Sciences Night Life! For the one at the coffee shop, I made the bartender/barista pose as witch/cupid who mixes drinks that makes two lonesome customers fall in love. And for the CAS Night Life, I made Connie pose as "Carmen San Diego" except "Connie San Francisco" and go around the museum being chased by people. You remember the show "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego"? Yea, haha, something like that! I can't wait to show you the final products!

By the way, I'm probably not going to get that raise at work. Through the grapevine, I found out my boss has weird German standards. But it doesn't matter. It gives me more reason to leave, and move on with life. It sucks, but I think I would have been less likely to try and get out of there sooner. I think once I decide to quit this job, I will take a break for a month or two and do nothing else but blog and photo-shoots. Until then, I shall try and make the most out this job. Egh.

Today, I took Chris's cousin and gf around the city. The day before I went to the night life thing. To mix things up a bit, I even went to a tranny bar, but there weren't that many trannies unfortunately (for me at least, hahah) And then it was all work, and sleepiness, and grocery shopping...blahblahblah. Sorry for taking forever and day to update you!

 Oh and Connie is moving back to Rancho Cucamonga by the end of the month. She broke up with Mark. Long story short, it was best for her, and she's happy to go back home. Tell you more about it later.

Hopefully, I will see your update soon or talk to you soon!


<3 V

No comments:

Post a Comment